Friday, November 16, 2018

Stinky Footed Lover

I love you more than words could ever say

Every dragon imagined I would slay

Please stay, please stay, please stay



But your feet stink in bed and I don't think

I can find it in my heart to say

My nose is something you daily slay

but do please stay anyway.



Your breath sometimes leaves something to be desired

as I desire you more than anything I've ever known before

Your dietary desires often leave me wishing

a breath mint was in your vocabulary

But don't you dare go away.



Because you will always be my stinky footed lover

Silhouetted in the darker corners of my black and white world

Leaning into embraces filled with traces of color

Emblazened with a mutual history of mistakes

Known and unknown, we see through a glass darkly

Even of ourselves.



Somehow we still manage to see each other through our blind spots

Glimmering hints of who we are to ourselves and each other

As we lie next to each other alone together

Naked and afraid through this long dark night

of love and fear, holding tight to something we both barely grasp

And yet, as I lie alongside you in this thick darkness

Please stay, please stay, please stay my stinky footed lover.

No comments: