Monday, August 10, 2009

Heading off to NYC

Well, I'm heading off to NYC. Specifically Staten Island, my hometown. I lived my first 32 years there before I moved to Holland, Michigan to attend Hope College. That was 12 years ago! It's hard to believe that I've lived here that long. Holland is seriously one degree of separation! I'm looking forward to Pizza (yes, with a capital P, b/c NY Pizza is the real thing! Thin crust rules!), gyros, and serious Chinese food. Though China Kitchen does rule Holland, and with good reason. Those fried dumplings are to die for! Boy, I seem to be food obsessed. But best of all, I'm looking forward to seeing friends (and my sis) and taking tons of pics and video for my friends. It'll be good to get away and have some down time. I definitely need to recharge.

In the coming days and weeks I hope to have some new posts on issues related to our cultural slide toward extremism. It's such a big issue, that I've been intimidated by it and haven't posted anything so far. I'm also planning a detailed review of Derek Webb's new album Stockholm Syndrome, which I finally bought and have listened to many times. Still processing that one! It's different to be sure. I like the message, but the style is taking some time. If I have access, I've post from NYC with pics and video!

No comments: